Study In Australia
Study in Australia for Indian Students | Fee | Courses | Colleges
Hate Reading 😓 Plug-in 🎧 and Listen to our article.
When one thinks of Australia, greenery, kangaroos, koalas and clean air and clear water come to mind. Australia offers friendly environment, excellent education system, high standard of living and quality education and thus many international students prefer to study in Australia.
Australia covers the entire continent. Australia is one of the largest cities in the world. The climate is best suited for people from the South-West and Southeast regions and thus most Australian cities and farms are located in these regions.
Although a third of Australia’s land is a desert, it is very rich in natural resources and has a lot of fertile land. Australia has very different species of animals which cannot be found anywhere else in the world like platypus, kangaroo, koala, echidna etc.
International students can access a diverse range of study options with over 1200 institutes and over 22,000 courses to choose from. An international student must study with an institution and a course that is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). This registration guarantees that the course the student has taken meets the high standard of education expected by an international student.
Get your Free Counseling
Guiding you in the process to get admission.
Some advantages for Indian students to choose Australia:
- Australia comes in third place for international students, after the United States and the UK. Due to Australia’s cultural diversity, friendly natives, and high quality of education, many international students choose to study in Australia.
A huge amount has been invested by the Australian government for international students scholarships and this is the reason why Australia ranks third in the list of most international students.
- 8 universities in Australia are included in the top 100 universities in the world. Australia provides quality education to the students. It has 1,100 universities that offer more than 22,000 courses to the students.
- According to Australian law, international students are allowed to work 20 hours per week. For the students enrolling in various courses, there are a huge number of jobs available in different sectors.
- Australia has many friendly cities, thus Australian universities have a student-friendly atmosphere.
- Students get many perks like discounts on food, discounts on public transport during travel, etc.
- The population density in Australia is only 3.1 persons per square kilometer compared to India with 382 persons per square kilometer. And thus, as fewer people per square kilometer, less air pollution, and best services, best emergency and disaster control services can be provided to citizens. Thus, students can enjoy a better standard of living in Australia.
There are many good job opportunities for international students in Australia. International students are allowed by the Australian government to stay for an additional period of time so that they can find a good job and if they wish, they can also stay in Australia. There is a huge demand for it in the fields of technology, architectural and medical science, etc. Because Australia is a less densely populated country, there is always a shortage of skilled people.
Australia has been the preferred destination for medical students who wish to pursue their higher education abroad.
Benefits of studying medicine in Australia:
- The quality of training and research of Australian medical schools is excellent and is therefore recognized globally.
- High-quality education can be provided by some of the leading universities in Australia. The University of Sydney, the University of Melbourne, and the University of
- Queensland is ranked among the top 50 schools in the world for medicine according to the QS World University Rankings.
- Despite the rising Australian dollar and rising educational costs, students around the world prefer to pursue their higher education in Australia, as Australia has excellent, favorable weather, beautiful beaches and scenery, good living standards, and lucrative jobs.
- The degrees offered by Australian universities and colleges are of high quality and are recognized by many universities and governments around the world.
- The environment that Australia provides for learning medicine is less stressful, and better paying and GPs and consultants can get a decent salary and a luxurious lifestyle in Australia.
University of Adelaide
Australian National University
University of Sydney
University of New South Wales
University of Melbourne
The eligibility criteria for Medicine in Australia for Indian students are as follows:
For the undergraduate medical program, 5 to 6 years are required to complete an undergraduate medical course in Australia.
- A student must be an Indian.
- A student must have Physics-Chemistry-Biology at 10+2 level in the Science stream with a minimum of 60% marks. That is, a student must have completed at least 12 years of schooling.
- Applicants have to appear for either UMAT or ISAT. The logical reasoning of the applicant will be measured by these tests.
- Students should be proficient in the English language. If not, they need to prove their language proficiency by taking a test like IELTS or TOEFL and scoring to a required extent.
For Undergraduate Medical Program-
4 years are required to complete an undergraduate medical course in Australia.
- Students who wish to appear for the undergraduate medical program must have completed a basic degree in science.
- Students must clear the GAMSAT or MCAT exams which test the student’s knowledge of science subjects.
Total Fee Structure for Medicine Course in Australia
The duration of the course for an undergraduate medical course in Australia is 5-6 years. And the drug program fees are in the range of 25 – 35 lakhs per annum. So the total fee cost goes up to Rs 2.10 crore.
If the cost of living is added to the above cost, i.e. accommodation, food, study books and other personal expenses, it comes out to around Rs 15 – 20 lakhs per year. Thus, the total cost for 6 years would be around Rs.3.30 crore.
Similarly, the cost of studying an undergraduate course in medicine in Australia ranges between 35 to 40 lakhs per year. Thus, the total cost for 4 years would be 1.5 to 1.6 crores.
The cost of living in Australia would be around 15-20 lakhs per year. Therefore, the total cost of pursuing an undergraduate course in medicine will be around 2.4 crores for four years.