Samarkand State Medical University
Samarkand State Medical University | Fee | All Details
Samarkand State Medical University was established as “ State Uzbek Medical Institute” 90 years ago, on May 7, 1930, by a resolution of the republic government(Resolution of the Council of People’s Commissars of Uzbekistan No.80 ). This was a fantastic occasion for the Central Asian community, as there was no autonomous medical higher education institution in the region. The University has progressed along a long journey to become one of the premier medical higher educational institutions not only in Uzbekistan but also in the whole Central Asian area. With the republic’s independence, the Samarkand State Medical Institute (from April 2022 – University) received a special development. In 1997, the government enacted a “National Training Program,” and in 1998, a State Health Care Reform Program, which led in the founding of a Faculty of Higher Nursing in 1999. In 2001, a College of Medical Pedagogy was established, and in 2005, the Faculty of Stomatology, Medical Preventative Medicine, Medical Biology, and Pharmacy was established, with students enrolling in a new course named “Traditional Medicine” in the following years. The University established collaboration with renowned foreign universities such as Volga Medical Research University, Chuvash National University named after I.N. Ulyanov (Russia), Ternopil National Medical University named after Y.B. Gorbachevsky (Ukraine), National Louis University Graduate School of Business (Poland), and Belarusian State Medical University (Republic of Belarus) to train staff in joint educational programs leading to Bachelor and Master degrees. Personnel training under the second higher education program is being vigorously carried out in collaboration with the Korean side. In addition, beginning with the academic year 2020-2021, students from the Republic of India who choose to pursue higher medical study within the walls of the institution will be admitted. In our opinion, the decision of Uzbekistan’s President Shavkat Mirziyoyev dated April 1, 2022 “On establishing Samarkand State Medical University and further perfection of the training system in this sphere” on establishing a modern medical university in ancient Samarkand based on Samarkand State Medical Institute, embodying the most advanced achievements of local and international experience, has strategic significance. The institution offers everything needed for this, including a strong scientific and pedagogical capacity, a diverse material and technological foundation, and a long history of teaching trained medical people. According to the presidential decree, the educational process should be oriented towards the formation of practical skills, with the widespread implementation of advanced pedagogical technologies, curricula, and innovative materials based on international educational standards, the creation of the necessary conditions to ensure the combination of theoretical knowledge and practice in the clinic and the educational base, and the development of academic mobility programs for students, teachers, and researchers working in collaboration with foreign medical universities, conducting fundamental, applied, and innovative research to solve existing problems in medical practice, are now able to gradually introduce the concept of “University 3.0,” which provides an integral connection of medical education, science, and practical healthcare with real sectors of the economy. Nowadays, the institution offers instruction in 9 faculties and 9 Bachelor’s degrees.
DREAM MBBS is the Official admission Partner of Samarkand State Medical University in India. We will help you out in your
- Application Process
- Visa Application
Brochure of Samarkand State Medical University
To download the brochure of Samarkand State Medical University – Click Here
Why choose Samarkand State Medical University for MBBS
- As a major medical university in Uzbekistan, Samarkand State Medical Institute is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the country.
- WHO and Medical Council of India accredited.
- National Medical Commission of India approved medical university
- The Institute has the most modern infrastructure.
- Medical students have access to lecture halls and multimedia classrooms at the Institute.
- The Institute’s students have a large library with Internet access and computers.
- In addition to printed books and news outlets, e-books also offer electronic versions.
- Instruction is provided in English.
- Affordable tuition and loan options are available.
Get your Free Counseling
Guiding you in the process to get admission.
Year of Establishment
NMC and WHO approved
Students should get 50% aggregate in PCB(Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
Qualifying Marks Required
Medium of Teaching
- Samarkand State Medical University has highly qualified and competent faculty.
Various cultural and educational events are held at the Samarkand State University of Health.
- Several sports competitions are held at the University for Student-Athletes.
- Accommodation is provided to students in the form of a dormitory.
- The campus is large and students can take advantage of its many amenities.
- Due to the diversity of the student body, students can learn about and interact with different cultures and values.
- The Institute does not offer any scholarship programs but does offer a few scholarships toward the end of the semester to outstanding students.
- Postgraduation students can work in hospitals located in Uzbekistan as well as in any other part of the globe.
- Following international medical education standards, Samarkand State Medical University has the same curriculum.
- “Faculty of Medicine”
- “Faculty of Pediatrics”
- “Faculty of medical pedagogy”
- “Faculty of higher nursing”
- “Faculty of Dentistry”
- “Faculty of Pharmacy”
- “Faculty of Medical Prevention, Public Health and Medical Biology”
- “International Faculty”;
- “General Medicine”
- “Vocational education (medical practice)”
- “Graduate nursing”
- “Medical Preventive Medicine”
- “Biomedical science”
- “Traditional Medicine”
- “Clinical Psychology”
- “Management: Health Care Management”
- To gain admission, students must complete SSC and HSC i.e. 10+2 from an accredited state board or central board.
- Biology, physics, and chemistry must be completed as science subjects in a high school diploma.
- To be eligible, applicants must be 17 years old as of December 31 of that year of admission.
- A student must score at least 50% on an accredited testing board for their high school diploma.
- Candidates must pass the NEET exam.
The admission process to Samarkand State Medical University is not tricky. Here’s how to apply for the MBBS program at Samarkand State Medical University:
Step-1: Fill out the application form provided by Samarkand State Medical University’s official representative “DREAM MBBS STUDY ABROAD LLP”.
Step-2: Print the form. Sign the form and submit a scanned copy of the form along with the required documents listed below to your admission manager.
Step-3: Scanned copies of documents will be emailed with a subject line stating your intention is “Application for Admission”
Step-4: Documents will only be accepted before the submission deadline Application for Samarkand State Medical University.
Step-5: The student will receive an acceptance or rejection letter after the Institute officials have verified the documents and the same will be informed over email or call to you by your admission manager.
Step-6: Payment of the initial fee must be made once the candidate is accepted. They will then receive a fee confirmation letter.
Step-7: If the candidate has been accepted, he or she must immediately apply for a student visa to Uzbekistan (Which will be handled by DREAM MBBS STUDY ABROAD LLP).
- Copy of original passport
- Copy of 12 mark sheets
- Copy of application form
- Copy of NEET report card
- Birth certificate
- Medical certificate
- Passport-size photographs
- Financial records