Siberian State Medical University
Siberian State Medical University | Fee | All Details | Admission Process
The area around Tomsk, Russia, is home to Siberian State University (SibMed). It was set up in May 1888 by order of Alexander II, the second emperor. For medicine schools in Russia, this one is one of the top three. The only university that has been named a flagship university is this one. The teachers at the university are very good at what they do.
Together with another university, SibMeD was able to work with the Russian Federation’s government on a project that aimed to boost the teaching abroad in Russia. People who want to become doctors can learn and train a lot at the university hospital. A thousand people from all over the country go to the hospital every year. The only public library in Tomsk is at Siberian State University, which was ranked as the best university in Russia in the 2016 annual library rankings by the Academic of Evidence-based medicine.
It was the only university in Russia to get approval from the Skolkovo Techno Park in 2015. The university has gained freedom around the world and has more than 6,500 students. It has a very diverse group of international students from 39 different countries. It used to be called the Siberian State University, and it was Russia’s ninth university when it opened in the late 1800s. For ten years, the university only had a medical school.
After some work was done on it, hospitals, clinics, and a Bacteriology Institute were built. At the beginning of the 1990s, the faculty of medicine and the faculty of sanitation and hygiene joined together to form the Tomsk State Medical Institute. In World War II, it was very important for giving soldiers medical care and health care. The university hospital, which had about 700 beds at the time, was busy with work from students, staff, and regular people. The school has 17 clinics, 40 departments, and 2 faculties. The government made the Tomsk State Medical University into the Siberian State Medical University in 1992, making it the first institute in history to be called a university.
We are the Official Partner of Siberian State Medical University in India. We will help you out in your
- Application Process
- Visa Application
Why choose Siberian State Medical University for MBBS
- It has been around for almost 130 years and has taught more than 60,000 students.
- The university has a huge range of classes, from social work to clinical psychology. Masters, bachelor’s, and doctoral degrees are all types of degrees that can be earned.
- At the moment, more than 6,000 students are pursuing their goals at this prestigious university.
- The classes are taught in both English and Russian, so they are good for students from both inside and outside of Russia.
- There are several international scholarships out there.
- Two Presidents of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences are among the graduates.
- It gives students a lot of different internship options.
- The university has been approved by NMC, which means that Indian students can go there.
Get your Free Counseling
Guiding you in the process to get admission.
Year of Establishment
NMC and WHO approved
65% in PCB for General
Intake for MBBS
September - October
Qualifying Marks Required
Medium of Teaching
Annual Tuition Fee
6,150 USD (approx)
- The university doesn’t need the TOEFL or IELTS score.
- The process for getting in is pretty simple.
- The school speaks two languages.
- The fees are not too high, unlike most private Indian institutes and universities in the West.
- About 12% of seats are set aside for international applicants, which makes it easier for them to get in.
- The university is a good place for Indian students to be because there are a lot of them there.
- In this class, students learn how to do well on the NMC screening test.
- It is possible to live there, and the cost of living is lower than in western countries.
- Students must have passed the NEET exam.
- The student must have reached the age of 17 on 31 December of the year of admission.
- The candidate must have completed the 12th grade with at least 65% from a regular board.
- Students must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 12th grade.
Step 1: Choose your program and fill out the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the visa invitation inquiry form.
Step 3: Get all the required documents and mail them to the university along with the above forms.
Step 4: You will receive an invitation letter within 30 days after approval from the university.
Step 5: Apply for a student visa and come to the university after you get the visa.
Step 6: Upon arrival at the university, students must pass the entrance exam for admission.
Step 7: If you have passed the entrance exam, sign a contract with the university to become a student of the university.
Step 8: Pay the tuition fee along with any other required fees.
- Application form and Visa invitation form
- Academic certificates
- Medical certificates (with vaccination reports)
- Health insurance
- Valid Passport with a minimum validity of 2.5 years
- Student visa
- Photo 3.5 x 4.5 cm
- HIV certificates
- Covid-19 certificates
Note: Make sure you legalize all your documents and translate whichever is required.
The Siberian State Medical University doesn’t give every student a place to live. It depends on how long the course is. There is, however, room for a hostel that can house more than 1,500 students. The cost is about $1500 USD. Students can choose between a single room or a room with two other students. Indian food is served in the dorms for students, and there are a lot of restaurants and other stores nearby that they might need. Good infrastructure has been built, and the area is safe and friendly. The rooms are clean and have nice furniture. There are also places to eat and do laundry. A lot of students choose to rent apartments or live in PGs. They don’t cost much and are easy to find near the university. Students should make sure that the fees cover all of their bills, like water, electricity, and heat, so they don’t have to pay extra. Make sure you really look at the apartments before you sign the rental agreement, which usually only lasts a year and needs to be renewed every year.
Cost of living
- In Russia, the cost of living and other costs are not a big deal.
- How much it costs to live depends on how you live and how prices change.
- The monthly cost of living is usually between $150 and $350 USD.
- The cost of food is also not very high.