Smolensk State Medical University
Smolensk State Medical University | Fee | All Details | Admission Process
Russia’s Smolensk State Medical University is one of the oldest schools in the country. It was founded in 1920. It is one of the most sought-after and well-known medical schools for Indian students, and every year a lot of Indian students go there. Indian students are more interested in the university because good things are said about it.
The Smolensk State Medical University is in the Smolensk region, which is 220 miles west-southwest of Moscow and 360 kilometers away. Chancellor Kozlov is in charge of the university and is a member of the American Society of Microbiology and the European Respiratory Society. Some of the best medical schools in Russia are in Smolensk.
The school is famous for its medical research, microbiology, and medical training. An MD degree from Smolensk State Medical University is the same as an MBBS degree in India. Students learn with the help of well-trained staff and hands-on activities. The people who work at the university are all doctors and other medical professionals.
There is also a fast-track program at the university for international students who want to learn Russian quickly. At Smolensk University, there are 450 professors, including doctors and Ph.D. holders. In addition to having some of the best teachers in the world, the university also has 4 hostels that can house up to 4000 students each.
The dorms are safe and well-equipped, and there are separate areas for boys and girls. At Smolensk State Medical University, people come from all over the world to learn. India, the United States, Poland, Italy, and South Africa are just a few of the over 50 countries that send students to Russia.
We are the Official Partner of Smolensk State Medical University in India. We will help you out in your
- Application Process
- Visa Application
Why choose Smolensk State Medical University for MBBS
- By giving students real-world experience, Smolensk University improves their chances of getting a job.
- Students can get to university more easily when they stay in hostels because they don’t have to look for other places to stay.
- There are a lot of activity centers and a big library at Smolensk University to keep students busy.
- Researchers in both science and medicine work with students as part of their studies.
- International students don’t have to worry about language barriers in school because lessons are taught in English.
- The Smolensk State Medical Academy has 31 hospitals in total. Eight of these hospitals, which have about 6,000 beds, are used to teach students.
- The fee structure doesn’t ask for any hidden fees or extra donations. A lot of experienced doctors and practitioners work there, and the place is well-equipped.
- There are research programs that students can join to learn more and feel better about the work they do.
- There are more than 60,000 books in the library.
- Every year, cultural events happen.
- Students put together Indian cultural events that give people a taste of India and its culture.
Get your Free Counseling
Guiding you in the process to get admission.
Year of Establishment
NMC and WHO approved
65% in PCB for General
Intake for MBBS
September - October
Qualifying Marks Required
Medium of Teaching
Annual Tuition Fee
6,150 USD (approx)
- A lot of Indian students come to Smolensk State University every year. It is one of the oldest medical schools in Russia.
- There are already a lot of Indian students on campus, which makes it easy for new Indian students to feel at home.
- It is recognized by both the World Health Organization and the NMC.
- Smolensk State Medical University is one of Russia’s oldest schools.
- Its well-trained and well-equipped faculty give it an edge over other schools in the same field.
- Indian students who went to the school have good things to say about it.
- It runs a number of exchange programs with some of the best universities in the world.
- You can pick to study in either English or Russian.
- The costs of the program are pretty low.
- If you are Indian and want to stay in a hostel, you can easily find Indian food.
- The university has a Russian language class for students who want to take it.
- There are students from all over the world, which means that they can interact with each other and learn about other cultures and values. Outside of class, students can study in the library.
- Students must have passed the NEET exam.
- The student must have reached the age of 17 on 31 December of the year of admission.
- The candidate must have completed the 12th grade with at least 65% from a regular board.
- Students must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 12th grade.
Step 1: Choose your program and fill out the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the visa invitation inquiry form.
Step 3: Get all the required documents and mail them to the university along with the above forms.
Step 4: You will receive an invitation letter within 30 days after approval from the university.
Step 5: Apply for a student visa and come to the university after you get the visa.
Step 6: Upon arrival at the university, students must pass the entrance exam for admission.
Step 7: If you have passed the entrance exam, sign a contract with the university to become a student of the university.
Step 8: Pay the tuition fee along with any other required fees.
- Application form and Visa invitation form
- Academic certificates
- Medical certificates (with vaccination reports)
- Health insurance
- Valid Passport with a minimum validity of 2.5 years
- Student visa
- Photo 3.5 x 4.5 cm
- HIV certificates
- Covid-19 certificates
Note: Make sure you legalize all your documents and translate whichever is required.
The Smolensk State Medical University has four dorms that can hold up to 2,000 students each. The university also has a system of dorms where international students can stay. There are apartment buildings with hostels where students can live. Each apartment has a kitchen, a room, and a bathroom. There are separate flats for men and women. A very high level of security is built into the residence halls. You can walk to nearby stores, and it’s easy for students to get to and from school. Smolensk State Medical University also has air conditioning that runs through the whole building.