NEET aspirants can save years by pursuing MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) from abroad. Here are some ways how studying MBBS abroad can help NEET aspirants save years:
- Direct Admission: Many foreign universities offer direct admission to students based on their NEET scores. Students can skip the process of appearing for the NEET counselling process and secure admission in foreign universities.
- Shorter Duration: The duration of MBBS in foreign universities is generally shorter than Indian medical colleges. In India, the duration of MBBS is five and a half years, while in foreign universities, it is generally six years. Moreover, some foreign universities also offer a three-year accelerated MBBS program, which can save students a considerable amount of time.
- No Gap Year: In India, students who do not secure admission in medical colleges after the NEET exam may have to take a gap year to prepare for the next year’s exam. In contrast, foreign universities offer admission throughout the year, allowing students to join the course at any time.
- No Entrance Exam: Many foreign universities do not require students to appear for an entrance exam to secure admission. Students can get admission based on their NEET scores or other academic qualifications.
- Advanced Curriculum: Foreign universities offer an advanced curriculum, covering the latest advancements in medicine. This can help students learn more in a shorter duration and prepare them for a successful career in medicine.
- Clinical Exposure: Foreign universities offer more clinical exposure to students than Indian medical colleges. Students can learn from experienced doctors, gain practical knowledge and skills, and prepare themselves for a successful career in medicine.
In conclusion, pursuing MBBS from abroad can help NEET aspirants save years by providing direct admission, a shorter duration of the course, no gap year, no entrance exam, advanced curriculum, and more clinical exposure. However, students should do their research, choose a reputable university, ensure that the degree is recognized in India, and prepare themselves for living in a foreign country before making a decision.